Premium
This is an archive article published on March 19, 2012

Two yrs after HC order,employee still waits for his 10 years’ wages

A terminated employee of a Super Bazar,Gagan Narula,57,is running from pillar to post to get his ten years’ wages released.

A terminated employee of a Super Bazar,Gagan Narula,57,is running from pillar to post to get his ten years’ wages released. The delay is despite the fact that court had issued directions two years ago for releasing his salary.

“I was a workman at Super Bazar,when I was terminated and I have been made to suffer for no fault of mine,” said Narula,a resident of Sector 47,Chandigarh who was terminated in 1990.

short article insert “I have been fighting since I was terminated. Two years ago when the Punjab and Haryana High court issued directions to the cooperative department to release my salary till 2000,I was a little relieved. But so far I have not been paid even a penny by the department.”

Story continues below this ad

Narula said that his family had suffered immensely after his termination from the services and the long legal battle.

“I was the only earning hand in the family and my entire family suffered after my termination. I could not even ensure decent education for my children,” he lamented.

The case dates back to 1990,when Narula was posted as a workman at a Super Bazar and was accused of conspiring a scuffle in the head office. Narula was accused by the management of conspiring an ugly scene. The department also charged him of bringing disrepute to the organisation in the eyes of general public and undermined the business image of the Super Bazar. The management had later ordered an internal inquiry which found Narula guilty and was dismissed later.

He,however,challenged the order of his dismissal before the labour court. He later moved to Punjab and Haryana High Court for justice. The labour court directed the society for his reinstatement. The court was,however,informed by the Central Cooperative Consumer Store limited the Super Bazar in which Narula was working had been closed on October,10,2000.

Story continues below this ad

The high court directed the department to release his wages up to the date of winding of the Super Bazar. But so far,his wages had not been released.

The registrar of the cooperative societies Balbir Singh Dhol said that the high court is auctioning the properties of Super Bazar and they had already listed Narula’s name with high court.

“The proprieties of the Super Bazar are being auctioned and all his wages will be released through the court,” he said.

Stay updated with the latest - Click here to follow us on Instagram

Latest Comment
Post Comment
Read Comments
Advertisement
Loading Taboola...
Advertisement