Premium
This is an archive article published on August 25, 2012

More Harry photos may emerge soon,says PR person

Mark clifford says he was approached by two US women trying to sell photos of prince

Brace yourself,Harry. Britains most prominent public relations guru said Friday hed been approached by two women who want to sell their photos of Prince Harry,suggesting that the world may soon be seeing more of the unusually exposed British royal.

In comments to BBC,Max Clifford said he had been approached by two American women who claim they were in the princes hotel room in the US last week. Clifford,a savvy operator famous for negotiating kiss-and-tell interviews,said the women were trying to sell their photographs,but that he had turned them down. Two people at that party came to me and asked me,would I represent them? Would I sell their photos? he said. I said no.

Harry was photographed romping in the nude during a party at his Las Vegas hotel suite. The pictures were published by celebrity gossip site TMZ earlier this week. On Thursday,TMZ claimed that several girls had taken pictures at the party using their cell phones as the party got started and that more photos were taken after the clothes came off. Clifford said he turned the women away because he could not justify the sale to himself. British publications have largely steered clear of the photographs,with the prominent exception of Rupert Murdochs The Sun tabloid,which became the first paper to splash the pictures across its front page on Friday with the words: HEIR IT IS! and marketing the grainy photograph as a souvenir printed edition.

The paper said it had defied royal wishes because there was a public interest in knowing what the prince was upto. The public interest argument is on the basis that Harry represents this country around the world, said Privacy lawyer Chris Hutchings.

Latest Comment
Post Comment
Read Comments
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement